Thursday, July 21, 2011

You're Not an Expert

This may come off as a little snippy, but some things just need to be addressed. And sometimes it doesn't matter if you address a specific individual in person, they never seem to get the point, or they choose not to change old habits. So, here's a list of people that may have had similar experiences to mine, but that doesn't make them an expert:

-Just because you have a child, doesn't mean you are a parenting expert. This sentence speaks volumes, I just wish some people would actually read it. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't accept parenting advice, but really I don't need to hear how certain people would do things differently, and what I 'm doing wrong. Everyone makes mistakes in parenting, myself included.

-Just because you have a bank account, doesn't make you a financial expert. There are maybe 2 people in my life that I would go to for financial advice. And if I haven't asked you, then you aren't one of them.

-Just because you have money, doesn't mean you should spend it. I don't care if something is on sale. If it's not something I NEED to function in my life on a day-to-day basis, then I don't need to buy it. 75% off or not.

-Just because you have a driver's license, doesn't mean you are a good driver.

-Just because you've had more education more than me, doesn't make you better. It also doesn't give someone the right to talk down to me, or talk to me like I don't know what I'm doing, because CLEARLY, nobody could ever be as super good and awesome as you are, ALL of the time, because YOU NEVER make any mistakes.

I may be a little grouchy lately, and I may be able to blame it on the pregnancy hormones for a little bit longer. Regardless, the above statements are still true. Pregnant or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment