Sunday, April 3, 2011

Confessions: NOT Mommy of the Year

If my kids knew the words for "Parenting Fail" I'm sure they would say it on a regular basis. I don't try to pretend like I'm the best mom in the world, but I do try to be the best mom for my little kids. And most of the time, I think I'm doing an alright job. Perhaps a B- on the parenting report card. But for the other 30%, I so suck sometimes. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would be a better investment to save for therapy for the kids instead of a college fund. Regardless, let me make a pretty list of the things I sucked at....just this past week:

-Baby Girl has been "potty training" for about 3 months now. She may have been done a little sooner, but I got sick of cleaning puddles off my floor and so I bought a big jumbo box of diapers from Sam's Club. And then I've just been lazy. And now she has a persistent diaper rash. And I am almost out of butt cream for her little tush. And I'm pretty sure that if it gets any worse, she'll probably Google the number for child services herself. Honestly, I need to get it together over here.
-I had to take my son to the ER the other night for a massive splinter that was stuck in his hand. (This was actually a parenting success, because I did what was best for my kid and tried to get the help he needed in a timely manner!!) But I had been at work for 12 hours prior to taking him, and didn't actually get into bed until 1 am. Thus, I spent a good deal of time the next day wonked out on the couch, barely able to keep my eyes open. The kids finally got the big box of Goldfish down from the pantry and asked if they could please have a snack. That's right, I hadn't fed my kids a single thing since breakfast, and it was now 2:30. Super awesome parenting...right here.
-And the biggest one of all, the one I'm most ashamed about, I yell. A lot. Not all day, every day, but it's enough for me to realize that something has got to change. I literally pray about it every.single. night because I don't want my kids to remember me as being the crazy loud mom. I know there's definitely a problem when Punkinhead starts yelling back at me. That is SOOOO not good. Crap.

There you go. All the more reason for other people to feel good about their parenting. You're welcome. I'm here anytime if you need some more warm fuzzies.

Diana at Hormonal Imbalances is on a Confession spree too. Check her out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment