Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3rd (And Final??) Baby

I remember when the Hubs and I first started talking about having a family, I told him emphatically that I wanted 3 or 4 kids. He was pretty sure he just wanted 2. We spent 2 years trying to conceive before we got pregnant with Punkin-head, and I loved every single second of being pregnant. I'm being totally serious, I LOVE being pregnant. (Okay, the bladder control issues and back pain are for the birds, but the rest of it was pretty great.) And out of nowhere, the Hubs tells me, "One and done. We have a perfect baby, I don't want to ruin anything." Hmmm, well. I told him, "Okay, I'm having at least one more child, with or without you."

Yes, I really said that. But in my own defense, I had just had a baby, and can't be held responsible for the crazy things I said. Needless to say, Baby Girl was quite the surprise for both of us, and that was when we both decided that we needed to take a break from baby-making. And we totally did, until we started talking about having another baby sometime in the future. Sometime in the future became right then and there, so here we are with 3 beautiful babies pretty close in age. And we both know that we don't want any more kids in our already crazy house.

It's just that I have this cute and cuddly newborn here, and I just love him so much. And some of my friends are getting pregnant, and I think, "Awww, maybe one more baby wouldn't be so bad."(And that's just crazy talk, right there) Key word: baby. I LOVE babies!! They're so adorable, and kissable, and they don't throw temper tantrums or talk back. It's amazing!! So, I will probably always have baby fever, but just for babies. Once the kids are older, I'd like to think about being a foster parent. To babies. Once they start talking, they gotta go. Do they have rent-a-baby places?? Because I want to be a member there.

No comments:

Post a Comment