Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why I Love My Husband

This is not a mushy love post. Mostly because I think the mushy love stuff belongs in a Nicholas Sparks novel, or a romantic comedy. But I honestly love the Hubs so much sometimes. And it's not because he cooks, cleans, takes care of the kids and me. Of course he does those things, and I think he's amazing for everything he does. But I love him because we just "click." Let me give you some recent examples:

Baby Girl likes pretty eyes and pretty lips because she started watching me put makeup on. So, she got some glitter "eyeshadow" and lip gloss for Christmas, which she loves to wear all of the time. I was getting ready to give Little Punkin a bath the other night, and saw Baby Girl's blanket in our bathroom. I asked the Hubs why her blanket was in our bathroom. He said, "She must have left it in there when I was putting her makeup on." And when he said it with a straight face, I couldn't help but laugh.

Lately, we've been watching "Toddlers and Tiaras." And yes, I said we. Because even though the Hubs is in the kitchen cooking or cleaning, or reading his latest edition of Better Homes and Gardens, he is most definitely watching this show with me. Case in point: I went to the bathroom and came back out, and he says, "That little baby totally just won Grand Supreme." At which point I replied, "The fact that you even know what a Grand Supreme title is, just says it all." And then, we're watching it today, and he said something about how one little girl was late to the stage. I said, "She gets points taken off for being late." He said, "I know." Yes, honey, I know you know.

Has anyone else seen that laundry detergent commercial where the dad is talking about feeling like a super hero for doing the laundry?? His daughter asks, "Daddy, can we play ponies?" And he says, "After we do foldies." Yes, that is the Hubs. And THAT'S why I love my husband. Because he's not afraid to give up the man card once in a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment